This is perhaps the last release before the long awaited
2.0. Alt reached version
0.18. As a result a certain part of the book broke. I have fixed that issue in this release. There are also plenty of other tweaks here and there, and even some new content.
I visited an event known as "Web on the Edge" earlier this week. Even though these kind of trips always take some time, they tend to be worthwhile. At least I got to see some readers and managed to get exposure to some new ideas. See my conference report.
The situation with Babel 6 is starting to look a little better. Babel 6 compatible beta version of babel-plugin-react-transform just came out a couple of days ago. Other plugins have been moving towards Babel 6 as well. I know decorator support is still a little iffy, but I have some solutions in sight that might work.
I made a little breakthrough with my Flow. It will still take some work, but I cannot see any blockers anymore. This is something I will tackle in the near future.
In order to make it easier to contribute fixes and tweaks to the book, I changed the GitHub repository to use the
dev branch by default. That's where the development happens after all. This will help to avoid some confusion.
I want to give special thanks to the user snowyplover for providing nice edits to early parts of the book. Tobias Koppers deserves a special mention as well. Overall the feedback has been encouraging and helped me to push the book a notch further. Thanks guys!
In total 74 commits went to
1.9.15. To make it easier to follow what happened and where, I've split up the changes below.
You can see GitHub for all changes.
entrybetter. It accepts a path or an object of entries.
opento the correct location.
HOSTshould be set to
0.0.0.0for Cloud9 and similar environments.
testexpects a RegExp.
includeexpects a path or an array of paths.
renderNoteto communicate the intent better.
mapto set context. Example:
findIndex. The usage has been replaced with simpler functions. This reduces the complexity of the project and makes the chapter quicker to go through.
findLane. This isn't needed now that the implementation is simpler.
Module parse failed. That's something you can see with Webpack quite easily so it felt like something nice to cover.
The coast is clear for the Flow work. I see no blockers with that. TypeScript will take some further investigation. And there are some smaller things, like improving those code examples, which I want to get done. That should keep me busy next week.
Again, this is a small release. If you are working through the book, it might be a good idea to patch your project based on the book repository so it's up to date and continue from there. I know this isn't ideal, but you cannot make an omelette without breaking an egg. It's for the better.
Thanks for the feedback again. It helps. You can contact me directly or through the GitHub issue tracker. Also Gitter will work.
Remember that you can support my work by purchasing the book at Leanpub. Every little bit counts and allows me to keep it up.